The Eternal Question

O Life, what brings thee here at such a gloomy hour?
For what purpose doth thee wander the ruins of this place?
Stare bleakly into the horizon and gape desperately at petty allure, for such is a flower.
Utter nonsense and stubbornly tire thy tongue, plastering false emotions on thy face.

O Life, for what gains doth thee come here for?
What could this world offer thee, for it is poor?

O Mortal, in every hour of despair, waiting for the next, lies hidden, hope.
In these ruins that stand lifelessly, for every soul, is buried a treasure.
Such is this world that thou must seek beauty in the most trivial of things, only then can thee cope.
I speak words of comfort and share emotions with those who dwell in the darkest of caves; this is my measure.

O Mortal, one comes and works tirelessly to reach their destination, achieving only disappointment.
I come here to reap the fruits of the journey, for they are richer than the final reward, that is my investment.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!