Magic?

Dead, their eyes closed, their voices ceased from this world. Gone, out of my grasp, lost forever. I leave them to sleep, to make their way to a better place, I wouldn't want to wake them from their travels. Memories of laughter and joy come to my mind, moments that I shared with them. It is like, you know, when you are about to die and you see your whole life in pictures. Well it is like that, I hope I am not dying, at least not yet.

I didn't realise how cold the morgue was before I felt the sun caress my skin. I walk home as fast as I can before I start sobbing, but then I remember that, I have no home. It is gone, like them. Since home is gone and hope is lost, I visit the river, it is the closest home I have.
My legs hang from the edge of the river. The water is sea green and is satin on my feet. The birds suspend themselves in the air and the clouds are white fluffy blobs on the sky, it is quite a beautiful place to be happy. But that happiness doesn't come. Instead, salty tears roll down my cheeks and meet the end of my jaw before falling into the rich soil.
I am not homesick, I should be homesick, but then you need to have a home to be homesick.

Now that I have nothing to do in my life, I paint. I paint mostly memoirs, pieces of my life. The red fence that surrounded my grandparent's house, the sparrows on the weeping willows and the old forest I used to go to after school when I was a child. Once I painted that giant fish that everyone in the neighbourhood wanted to kill because it had bitten Uncle Sam. Of course I don't know what it really looks like, but I just painted it how Uncle Sam told me the beast appeared, olive green scales with bright yellow eyes. I am glad they didn't kill it, you never know, maybe one day you will need a giant murderous fish.
I like painting with orange, blue and green mainly, It is very rare seeing me paint with silver though, I try to avoid it, just in case. But one day I decide that I can't keep on painting with every single colour but silver. So I paint, all over my broken canvas, but it is strange, I paint with silver but it comes our red. Magic?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!