Under The Tree

Once upon a time there was a boy called Billy. He lived in a house in the meadows with his Grandma Elly. Next to the meadows was quite a big forest, a kilometre away. In that forest there was a very big, big tree. Everyone called it the "God Tree."
So one day, Billy was playing his XBox 360 when he heard a strange noise, it went ‘Grrrr.’ Billy ran to tell his grandma, but she was very busy. He said to her "Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, oh can you help me?" "No!" Grandma shouted. "But..." said Billy. "No, I said! You are going outside." In one second or so, Billy was kicked out of the house. He did not want to get bored, so he ran to the forest.
In an hour, he came across the ‘God tree.’ Under the tree was a wooden hatch. Billy opened the hatch and crawled into it. Billy was under the tree, under was a whole new world. The trees were glowing, it was night and the plants changed colour. Billy explored the forest, in a minute or two Billy came to a graveyard. This was not a graveyard where you put people when they died, it was a home for monsters!
In the graveyard, there were ghouls, giants, goblins, cyclops, dragons, zombies and werewolves. One of the dragons saw him and drew attention to the other monsters. They all looked at Billy and chased him. Billy ran and ran and ran until he got to the hatch, but the hatch suddenly disappeared. Billy was stuck in the strange land with a whole heap of monsters. Then he saw something.
Billy saw his Mum and Dad. Just when he was about to hug them, a ghoul snatched them and flew away. Billy ran after them. He saw a sword on the ground and picked it up and continued running. He threw the sword at the ghoul and the ghoul fell to the ground. Billy saw the hatch reappear and saw his Mum and Dad fall safely into it, Billy jumped in too.
Soon he and his parents were back under the ‘God Tree.’ They gave each other a big hug and they all walked home together.
Later he and his parents were back home. His grandma walked into the room and said "You’re just in time for lunch."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!