Gem Rush

Once upon a time, in a very frosty town, there lived three friends called Bill, Frank and Josh. They woke up one frosty morning and decided to play a game they made up called Gem Rush. So they put on their coats and comfy, brown boots and walked to the park in the middle of the frosty town. Bill bought three grey compasses and brown rope coils for the game. When they met each other at the park, it was all snowing and five tall snowmen were scattered all over the park. The snowmen were made by young children who made them the day before. When frank and Josh saw Bill carrying all the heavy equipment, they rushed to him and helped him carry the equipment. They sat on a brown rusty bench that was 8 meters away from the fountain. They geared up, ready to go.
When they were done, they ran to the nearest jungle and hoped to find a dungeon with separate paths. Luckily there was one near the edge of the huge mossy jungle. The rules of the game were that the three boys would go through the separate paths and find as many gems as possible in an hour. Whoever has the most gems in the end wins! Suddenly, the ground began to shake and huge mossy boulders fell and blocked the entrance to the dungeon plus a strong deadly blizzard brewed near the park heading straight for the jungle! The boys needed a place for shelter, but there was nothing to hide in! Bill came up with an idea.
He told Frank and Josh to hold on to the rope coil while Bill looked at the compass then Bill pointed to the east. There was an enormous tree that stretched way higher than the other trees. They ran and ran towards the east as a huge gust of snow flew in the air behind them! They jumped over creeks and ravines till they got to the tree. When they got there Bill ordered Frank and Josh to throw the rope coil as high as they could. It landed on a big sharp thorn on a brown branch. Then they all climbed the tree together using the one rope coil. It was a long way up to the branch, but they were safely out of the blizzards way. The jungle looked way more beautiful from the top and birds chirped as they flew through the air! “Wow!” said Josh as he gazed upon the jungle canopy when they reached the end rope coil. “We should find a way down now.” Frank said nervously.
When they reached the bottom, they cheered and laughed. “That was so epic!” said Josh in amazement. They then went to an ice-cream shop called “ice bro’s” and had chocolate ice-cream. They had the best afternoon ever! After they finished their ice-cream, they went to Frank’s house to enjoy the rest of their day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!