Panting

I’m running, I know they’ve found me. I’m breathless. Panting - I make a sharp turn around a corner, flashlights illuminate the cold streets. A minute goes by, I think they’re gone. Poking my head out of my ally hiding place I’m unaware of the dangers and the risks of going to prison, I know I don’t belong here, I have to find a way out, I hear the footsteps of angry people, my sweat releases a powerful stench that I can smell. Then suddenly - quietness... I run around like a ninja in stealth mode, I arrive into the forest, low branches brush against me. ‘THWACK!’ something hit me:
“AGH! Oh, OUCH!!!” Thick red, wine coloured blood rushes down my forehead like a miniature waterfall.
“I’ve got to get out of here, C’mon Emily, I have to go!!!!” Talking to myself somehow soothes me a bit, I don’t understand why but it just works!
“Okay then, keep going...”
“*****BREATHING*****”
I’m pant and breathe loudly, Im surprised that they didn’t hear me. A slight glimmer of something which the moons light reflects off catches my eye like candy. I go to grab it.
“Oh, Oh!!! “
This is what Im getting chased for- a rare gem from the museum. I don’t what to do, I stand there staring for more time than I realise. Subsequently, a gruffly voice comes out of the shadows.
“Aha! Gotcha!!!!”
I surrender….they’ve found me……………………………

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!