Kidnapped?

Kidnapped?
My name is Alison Bridges. Now I know that most girls think it is great to be a princess, doing everything perfectly, but can I tell you now before you kiss a stupid frog that it sucks being a princess and doing everything perfectly is even worse, how do I know this, well because I am Princess Alison Bridges, daughter of King Andrew the third. My life only gets exciting at certain events like Christmas when granny and pop visit, or April fool’s day- on which I play pranks (which makes it even more exciting). But this story I shall tell you is a story about one of those particular events, and this is how it goes.
Ugh! Family day. My parents invented this day so we could do things together and spread ‘love’ by giving each other presents-most of them are really lame especially mum’s. This year they were terrible. “Go on open your present dear” mum said in a motherly accent. Closing my eyes as I carefully opened the tightly wrapped box. A heavy thing dropped onto my lap, I realise it is the present and open my eyes. There lay three enormous books on posture, rules and ballroom dancing. I can’t hold it back anymore “you and your presents!” I yell “why can’t you get something I like? You know I hate all princess stuff you could have at least gotten me a nice shiny tiara or something!” I storm off in haste.
Once in my room, I lie on my bed and contemplate what just happened. I think about if I should go and apologise or stay in here a little while longer. I decide to stay in my room. But after I decide, I hear a scream and a door slamming, there’s only one scream that loud and it belongs to my sister Gretel. As quickly as I can I run down stairs but everything is silent. Not a word is said, no annoying little sister bugging you to play with her, but worse of all no mum or dad. I start to search the castle for them in case they are playing hide and seek (not very likely though).
After searching every other room in the castle I find myself in the library. ”Come on brain, open sesame please, where could mum and dad be?” I say to myself. As I say this sentence the wall of books open to reveal a secret passage way. Being too curious about everything I slowly enter the passage.
Once I’m in, the door/wall closes behind me. Pictures of mum and dad are hung up along the walls .But the thing that is really weird is the fact that mum isn’t in her ginormous dress and dad isn’t in his robes, they’re in black leather jackets and tight black jeans. After the passage way ends I come to a room lit by firing torches attached to the brick walls a stone plaque with my parents’ names engraved.
Suddenly it all made sense why the door had slammed why Gretel had screamed. The reason was, my parents were spies. But why didn’t they tell me, why did they keep it a secret; I just want to know why.
Are there any other secrets they’re hiding?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!