GAMES !N THE DEAD OF N!TE

25/3/3741 – @ATSTRIBASE - #MDN!TE
I woke up to a threatening scream hearing a rip of cords and a surge of power with a man in a black cloak getting electrocuted. I tried to sound the alarm while avoiding the bullets fired at me. The alarm now blaring, I managed to hack the video security and get the footage. My housemate Sue and my boss Alex (Better known as ATS for Alex, Sue and myself; Tony) woke up in shock. I showed them the footage and they were very surprised. Sue found a way to put a retinal scan on the man whose name was apparently ‘MDN!TE’. We set off leaving Alex behind as he was throwing up everywhere. (Could’ve just been scared! Scaredy cat for a boss...!) We checked our tracker for where this ‘MDN!TE’ guy could be. It said he was hiding in ‘An Old Abandoned Factory’. So we took our teleporters out and headed to Rampage Street in a secret place in Germany.







25/3/2014 - @GERMANY - #FACTORY

The Old Abandoned Factory was dark, gloomy and mysterious. Inside were rusty machines and a conveyor belt. It was silent apart from the machines creaking and the oil dripping from the shelf that the machinery was on. You could also hear the doors creaking from the polluted windy air. The wood on the shelves of machinery was rotting as one small candle was flickering in the darkness. The smell of dead oil, smoke and pollution was filling the room and it was disgusting! There were bullet holes in the walls. The abandoned factory was old; cockroach infested and covered in vandalism. Tony and Sue walked around the factory, then all of a sudden heard a loud “THUMP!!!” They looked around the room and they were extremely scared. They door was locked. Tony and Sue searched around the creepy factory for ages until they found a key. But the key didn’t fit the keyhole. Tony and Sue stamped on the key and fire started coming out of the magic key! The oil was drawn into the fire and triggered a big explosion! They escaped from the factory; their clothes smouldering as they coughed in the thick, heavy smoke. “We’re lucky to be alive, “said Tony. “Yeah,” Sue replied, still in disbelief as they recovered.







30/4/2014 - @QUESTACONACT - #THUNDER

Tony and Sue teleported to Canberra to go to Questacon. No-one was there except a school in ‘The Earthquake Room’ jolting around quickly. Tony and Sue were wandering around looking for the room on their tracker. They saw a room with a glass cylinder inside. They looked at the tracker again. “Ugh! Another place?!” He sighed and laughed. “This is terrible! But at least we get a free flight from the boss...” “Yeah,” replied Sue. They saw a man in a black cloak which they thought could be MDN!TE. Tony attempted to punch him. They realized it was MDN!TE. MDN!TE avoided the punch. He used telekinesis and transported Tony and Sue into the glass cylinder to strike lightning on them but when as s about to press the red button... BLAM! Tony shot out fireworks and Sue shot out fire and just when the lightning struck, the fireworks exploded into a bright, colourful bang! M!DN!TE exploded and nothing was left but a dark, deadly and mysterious black cloak. “Well, I guess our work is done.” Said Tony. “Two more things we have to do... Clean up Alex and his pool of vomit at home and attend the funeral.” “At Midnight...”

END OF ROUND 1

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!