James And The Monster

“James where are you” yelled Harry. “We have to get ready to move. But I don’t want to move away, all my friends are here!” yelled James sadly. “Well I’m going to leave you here and the ghost will get you and kill you” said Harry madly. “OK, I’m coming” James said nervously. He was on his way out when he felt something touch him. James ran straight to the car and never got out until they were far away from the house. The new house they were in had a monster that ate boys called James. Nobody knew. That night the monster gobbled James up! In the morning all Harry found was James’ bed and splatters of blood leading to the attic. Harry followed the blood and when he looked in the attic he saw James’ mangled body. When Harry screamed the monster came running out and grabbed him. That was twenty years ago and everyone forgot about the strange disappearances of James and Harry. People were reminded of the strange disappearances when two young boys moved into that house and shortly disappeared. The strange thing was their names were James and Harry. Their parents also went missing. Their middle names were Harriet and Jameson. The police were sent everywhere but the only thing they found was bloody clothes and handprints near the home where the family lived. After that the house was cleaned out and then police hired people to knock it down. Three years later the town had grown and the new mayor changed the town’s name from Jameson to Wee Waa in the hope to end the strange disappearances. But little did they know that the town was cursed from the day it was built. Are you wondering why it is cursed? Well the town was once a cotton farm and when a farmer’s wife was killed in a fire the farmer knew that the culprits were Harriet and James. They set the fire to the main house because a few years before the fire their daughter was very ill and they asked if they could borrow a horse because theirs was lame and they needed to take their daughter to the hospital. The farmer said that all their horses had foals or were in use. Harriet and James’ daughter died before they could get to town so they burnt the main farm house down. The farmer vowed to avenge his wife’s death but James and Harriet moved away before he had the chance. So he took it to the grave with him. Whenever people went missing it was in the area where the main house stood. Since then, on the eve of the fire two boys go missing. The only thing they have in common is their names.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!