Jack The Runner

It all started on May 12th when I found a diamond in a brown paper bag under a chair in a park. Two weeks have past and no one had claimed it to be theirs. So I berried it in case anyone came looking for it.

I thought I could pawn it in for a lot of money and become the richest man alive. Two days later I went to pawn my diamond in, someone was watching me. As I was watching the shopkeeper check the diamond was real, A man in a dark suit snatched the diamond and ran out of the shop. One week later I saw a man in the pawn shop that matched the identity of the man who stole the diamond.
I snuck in to the shop and dived on the man and I rolled him over and with a knife to my neck. I questioned him to what his name was and all he said was’ Jack the runner. I went to the local police station and asked them if they had heard of the name. They said he was a well-known criminal. They were Straight onto the case. It was all over the news and a local neighbour said he lives 21 Carat St Brisbane.

Five days later I stormed his house with bullet proof gear, guns and bomb detectors and finally I found a way in to find and no one was there. The next day he was sitting on the park chair.
I quickly called the police to have some backup, just in case I had a problem and I got in some trouble. When the police arrived I made my move, to case him into the storage warehouse. I quickly ran as hard as I could and he ran straight to the storage warehouse. But suddenly he got on top of a container and was jumping from container to container. When suddenly the police started shooting at him and a police officer shot him in the foot causing him to fall to the ground. I grabbed the diamond and proceeded to his court case and he was sentenced to life behind bars. I found out that he stole the diamond and had left it under the seat at the park and he also tried to hide the evidence but he was later caught by a private detective.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!