A Change Of Luck

Two men entered the stadium. They were picked out from their city to fight to the death. They were unlucky, just as the 68 men before them were unlucky. Only 34 out of those men had lived to tell the tale. Their worry was obvious as it was displayed clearly on their face. They were scared, scared as a lamb in a lion's den.
Time slowed down as The Emperor raised his arm. The fight was on when that arm dropped. The champions braced themselves and said their prayers because only one of them was going to get out alive. The arm dropped. They both ran the other way. Neither one knew what the others plan was; neither one even knew what their own plan was yet. The only purpose of running away was to find out.
The short one decided the best plan was to tire the tall one out, he could never beat him with brawn and his only plan was wit. Lucky for him, the big man was not so bright and decided to chase the small man. The big man grunted. The small man sighed. Neither man wanted to be there, but no one ever did.
The big man gathered all his courage and hope and gave chase. The small man did all he could to stay ahead without draining all his energy. He needed to preserve some for the fight that would come, but until that all he could do was run. Run. Run. Run. He was the fastest but had less muscle. All things in moderation, but not him.
As they both tired, worry crept into the heart of the small one, for he knew he must face the might of the stronger, bigger man. With all his strength he kept going, trying to hold off the fight for as long as he could. The big man caught up, he leapt forward, parting skin on the small man’s leg with his blade. The small man sliced back creating the same injury on the big man.The big man faltered, leaving just enough time for the small man to get away. They kept running, slowing down bit, by bit, by bit. They both ended up on the floor crawling. They started to feel faint.
Their injuries began to take their toll. They were blacking out. They did not realise that they had been bleeding for quite a while. They couldn't do anything about it. Eventually they both collapsed, they were out cold.
The big man, Kaville, woke up in his family home. He was a nice man and loved his family a great deal. He was truly glad to see them. He embraced his wife and children fondly and for a few minutes felt like the happiest man in the world. The small man, Caleder, felt the same and was equally happy to see his family. His embrace was just as loving and he too felt like the luckiest man in the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!