Dark Side Island

Sam just turned 12 years old and had broken his arm a couple of months ago, and is on a holiday on a beautiful beach in the Northern Territory. Sam loves to swim when he isn’t swimming he is on some type of technology. Sam has an older brother; his name is Cooper and he is 17 years old. Cooper loves annoying Sam when his mum and dad aren’t looking.
Sam could get his plaster off in a couple of weeks. Sam watched his dad get the boat for Cooper then Cooper sets off. Dad and Sam walk back to the chairs. They are sitting around the fire with his family roasting marshmallows, when Sam had eaten all his marshmallows he went for a walk along the beach. Then he sees something glowing in the distance he runs fast and comes to a halt. He walks quietly and picks the bottle up.
Sam left it there because it looked boring to him. When I walked back to my chair I suddenly realized that there was something in the bottle. I ran back, I picked the bottle up and opened it there was a note inside. I read it to myself it said “Its Cooper I was out on the boat, when a pile of huge rocks were floating in the path of the boat, and I smashed into them, I jumped out of the boat because it was going to sink then I realized I was just in front of Dark Side Island I’m stuck on their help me please’’. Sam thinks quickly, I get to my Jet Ski and the Jet Ski nearly hits my arm but just missed I get it down on the water by sliding it. I send my mother a message on my phone and then I quickly set off to Dark Side Island. I’m nearly their and then my Jet Ski stops the engine has died. Sam heard his phone go, off he looked at it he was about to call his mum when my battery died. Then I see some big rocks about 20 metres in front of me. I can’t stop because the engine has died and the water was pushing him. BANG I smash into the rocks. I jump off, then I hear somebody screaming “Sam, Sam I’m here’’ Cooper said. I run towards Cooper and we hug.
Hours later I here boats drive by and helicopters. I yell at Cooper “wake up” Cooper mumbles back soon he said. Then Sam pushes him, Cooper gets up quickly he said what did I miss. Nothing, were still stuck on the island Sam replied. About an hour later the helicopters fly over again and there big light shines down on us. They’ve found us I yelled happily! We wake up the next morning and we answer the police questions like what were we doing there and stuff but over all we learnt to tell somebody before acting alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!