Teleportation

Teleportation
On Monday morning I woke up and found a note next to my bed. On the note was written, go out to your back lawn and you will find a teleporter shaped like a plane. It has a round body and large wings. It is yours for life so when you die you will pass it on to your son or daughter. But don’t let anyone else besides your family know that.
I dressed myself and hopped into the teleporter. On the instrument panel was a button that had start on it so I gently pressed the button. Suddenly the seatbelt went straight over my shoulder and locked me into the chair. There were lots of buttons with names on them. I pressed the Ice age button suddenly I zoomed out of control and when I opened my eyes, I saw trees up to the clouds. Mammoths, Woolly Rhinos, Moose and Reindeer like things were grazing peacefully.
Jumping out of the teleporter I started to search for things. The problem was that I couldn’t see anything, Then out of the corner of my eye appeared a sleeping mammoth. Moving quietly to the sleepy mammoth I gently put my leg over his back. Immediately he woke up with a grunt and me on his back. Then he walked into the forest. I snatched a vine off a tree and threw it around the animal’s neck and rode it all around the valley.
It was like FREEDOOM!
I pulled the vine to the right and turned around marching back to the teleporter. But sadness came to my eyes because the teleporter was broken! Then I stared at some animals running away into the jungle. I thought to myself, those were the animals that wrecked my teleporter. I moaned and sighed with frustration!
‘’I guess it’s just me and you, fur ball.’’
The mammoth had no name so I decided to call him Angus, so Angus and I shuffled over to a tree where I tied him up because it was almost nightfall. I tried to find shelter. After stomping around in the jungle for a while, right in front of me I found a cave made of rocks and ice. I hurried back to Angus and led him to the shelter of the cave. When we got into the cave we found some hay on the ground so we gathered it all into a blanket, jumped on to the hay and immediately fell asleep.
In the middle of the night we heard an extremely loud ‘’BANG!’’ All of the cave’s bats flapped their wings and zoomed out an opening in the wall. It was only a small earthquake and I went back to sleep.
Suddenly I woke and the whole thing was just a dream.
By Todd Polack
St Johns Primary School
Cobar.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!