Let's Aim So High, That The Moon Shoots For Us.

Let’s start a rebellion.
Let us stand tall and let us stand proud for our beliefs and wage war against those who try to kick our feet out from under us...
because we are not a minority.
We are not dumb and we are not blind.
But we are constricted and we are controlled.
We are told that the roses are red and the violets blue.
They tell us to strive, to be the best we can be… but are we ever told to dream?
I say; let the roses be gold and the violets green, after all what is the harm in a dream?
If I share with you my vision, do not bother to tell me that I may not succeed.
As you are mistaken of my intentions.
I do not need your approval to succeed, as I am not asking for your permission to fail.
I am simply sharing a dream. I do not need your faith, only your hope. As I fight to my last dying breath, to share with you all; my dream. I will die with a passion in my sole and a fire in my heart, because I will die with hope. Arrogance will blind you, disbelief will constrain you and an empty sole will lead you in this war I am waging. But I will fight against every suit, every board and every company for the truth. Because I am not blinded, as I am tolerant. I believe, as I am not scared to stand alone and I am not empty, as hope fills my sole.
I will walk on to this battle ground with only my passion.
I will collide with your suits and be trampled by your campaigns.
I may be dismembered by your money and trashed by your laws
And on this cold, merciless battle ground I may die.
But my dream will live on, because with all your money and all your suits you couldn’t kill my ideas. You couldn’t dismember my hope and you could never trample my dream.
So here I lay, with my life fading from my sole.
But with my legacy, imprinted on a single gold rose.
held by a child
who has a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!