Haunted House

Ring, ring as the phone rang Mike desperately tried to find his cell phone under the layer of dust. He finally found it, “Hey Mike, I found a cool haunted house,” explained John, “want to come?” After a while of thinking Mike finally came to a decision and said sure. As Mike and John walked into the old abandoned house, they instantly heard wails and echoes then it was silent, except for the noise of nails scraping on the splintered wood. Mike went to open the front door; it didn't open. They were trapped!
Mike constantly had the feeling that he and his friend were being watched. As fear ripped through Mike and John’s bodies, goose-bumps rose and shivered thundered down their backs. Out of the blue, the old furniture began floating in front of the terrified boys. “Ghost!” John screamed in terror as they bolted down the hall. They could see fallen old trees in gaping holes in the roof and hundreds of spiders nesting in webs in every corner they looked. All of a sudden, John and Mike could see a swinging door and a shadow rising as black as night. Mist filled the rooms of this house of horrors. As they walked past they saw an animal graveyard, with tombstones sticking up everywhere like baby teeth.
As they tiptoed around the corner of the house, they spotted an opening in the wall. John and Mike ran over to the opening in the wall but when they got there they heard a groan that got louder and louder. Then they saw the terrifying picture of a zombie. “Run, John!” screeched Mike as they sprinted down the hallway seeing a figure running behind them. They ran into the kitchen and tried to find the sharpest thing in the room. The sharpest thing was a very big knife. As they prepared themselves, the dirty and disgusting creature walked into the room. They threw the knife, the only thing that could save their lives, and it landed in the ugly creature’s heart. As John and Mike ran back to the opening in the wall they saw another door swinging and decided not to go near it. There it was, the ticket out of here. While in the kitchen, Mike had also picked up an old hammer so he could smash a bigger hole in the wall to help them escape. Mike and John smashed the wall and it worked. They had broken out of the haunted house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!