The ‘Invisiblising’ Spray Can

Vroom Vroom. I race down the road heading to Bunnings to get a rake for my sister as she needs it for her chores. Rock star car park! I walk in and head to the garden tools when out of the corner of my eye I see a floating spray can. I jog towards it – it’s still there. It says it’s invisible. I’ll take it!! I speed home to tell my family – or should I tell them? I could play pranks on them. I will be an evil mastermind. Bwaha…bwahahahaa.

I test the spray can out. Awesome, it works! “Hey, Dad, look, there’s Superman”, I shout, pointing up to the sky, while with the other hand I shove an invisible cream pie into his face. It whooshes as it flies through the air. “Ewww, what was that?” Dad cries. “What was what?” I ask innocently. Dad gets a cloth and starts to wipe his face. “It feels like a cream pie”, said Dad. I giggle away in the corner of the room, until it turns into an actual laugh. Dad looks confused and wonders how I did it.

Eventually, I get bored not having anyone to play with, so I spray myself to get back to normal. It doesn’t work - I'm still invisible! Looking at the instructions, I realise I can’t get back to normal, but am convinced there must be an antidote, so I stay up all night researching. My antidote is behind a waterfall in the Amazon Rainforest!

I pack my bag while his family get concerned about my strange behaviour. On the bus to the airport, I book my private plane. I get to the airport and run onto the plane, sitting in my favourite seat. I go to sleep, waking up the next morning in the Amazon Rainforest, lying on a log. “Now I should be looking for a waterfall”, I think. I put my papers back in my backpack, look up and see a majestic waterfall. I walk towards the back of the waterfall; water smashes onto the rocks. Then I spy a chest.

As I walk towards it, I see skeletons. I open the chest and an alarm sounds. Lasers turn on. At the same time a monkey grabs my banana out my backpack. Should I get the spray can or run for my life? I grab the spray can and run onto my private plane, screaming ‘GO!, GO!, GO!’ to the pilot. We fly off with gunshots being fired at the plane.

I land back in Melbourne, home at last. I put my hand out, ‘taxi please’. I get in the taxi. I’m singing along with the radio. “Please be quiet”, says the taxi driver. I knock on the door while getting the re-invisibiliser spray can out and I spray myself. “I’m back!” “Luke, where did you go?” asks the family. "Nowhere you need to know about".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!