He Just Sits There.

He just sits there, waiting. 3 days ago, after endless abusive child hood threats, Bailey violently murdered his mother, father and young sister in their family home. Slowly, Bailey became a 9-year old maniac serial killer.
The family living room was the place of this insane killing spree. The living room is where the blood stains line the walls and where the lamps and furniture stand in ruins. The only with standing piece now is the family’s antique, box-like grey television. The TV is permanently fixed on a pixelated, out-of-tune kind of screen. But Bailey doesn’t seem to mind. The TV screen never changes, the TV screen never moves, the TV screen is the reason why Bailey sits and stares with no guilt of his past and no feelings of the present.
Bailey’s face is ghostly pale, and his eyes are black and empty and always fixed on the pixelated screen. He never blinks, he never moves.
The TV screen flicked on to reveal a white, blinding screen that made Bailey flinch the slightest. There was a black silhouette walking closer to Bailey and as he came closer he appeared to be a young boy, the same age as Bailey. And as he came even closer it came to light that he was wearing the same torn, bloody jumper as well as the same short, trimmed haircut.
This boy was Bailey, only he looked desperately lost and unsure but also evil and dangerous. Suddenly, the screen changed to red and the hysterical screams of his parents and sister were the only thing audible, echoing through the halls.
Bailey seemed unshaken but his mouth started to whimper and his insides started to churn. After all that had happened, was Bailey capable of remorse or was he the insane killer who had lost all hope.
The screen changed into a park where the sun was setting. A happy couple strolled past the screen.
We were moving closer and Bailey soon realised that these people were in danger from the terror which was he. So, Bailey forced himself closer to the TV in attempt to switch it off. But the power button was burning hot, so hot it felt freezing cold to the touch.
He didn’t want to become that disastrous person he faced, he didn’t want to live that way, what had he done, why had he murdered his family? Suddenly the feelings of remorse were setting in and as Bailey felt the first tear stream down his face, the doorbell chimed.
Bailey slowly opened the door and was faced with his darker self. ‘Hello Bailey’ muttered the evil boy. ‘May I come in?’ he snarled darkly, inviting himself in as he stepped across the doorway.
As he came in, he did not stop or pause before passing into Bailey’s body. Bailey cried out in sudden terror as he realised that his evil, darker self was now living inside of him with no plans of returning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!