Dark Ocean

The slimy man eater glides through the water like an eagle in the sky. Its jet black eyes glare through the sky blue water rushing by. Its colossal razor sharp teeth, take a bite of the helpless fish swimming in front of me. I got it all on my camera and it was all over the news.
My name is Tom and that happened three days ago. I am an experienced diver and have been in that type of situation before. I have been diving since I was twelve years old, now I’m 33 and diving is still my passion. My kids, Jack and Lilly also love diving.
Tom cares about everyone and never gets scared, even when his fiancé, Ally, were going diving together when a huge shark appeared out of nowhere. Tom instinctively pushed her to safety and stayed in the water swimming with the shark.
Three weeks later his family surprised him with a week in Fiji at a beautiful island resort for a chance to get away and relax and do some diving. It was his 34th birthday present. The moment they got to the resort they put their swimmers on and headed to the water.
The soft sand on their bare feet gave them a tingling sensation. Quite the opposite from what they were used to in England. They were in the water within a split second. After 10 minutes Tom and Ally had seen starfish, sea horses, and some amazing fish but when they looked up they couldn’t see Jack or Lilly. “They couldn’t have gone too far” exclaimed Tom. “Yeah,” trembled Ally. They quickly started searching for them. After 20 minutes of searching for them Tom and Ally were really worried.
“JACK, LILLY” wailed Ally over and over. “Come on Ally, we will search again for them tomorrow when it is light, it’s already 10 o’clock” insisted Tom. “You’re right, we need to go in before we get lost out here.”
The swim to the beach was long and hard because of the hours they had already spent in the water. Tom and Ally did not sleep that night knowing that Jack and Lilly were still out there in the darkness drifting hopelessly in the ocean.
The glimmer of sunshine through the window made Tom shoot out of bed. He put his swimmers on, woke up Ally and started looking for his lost kids. Ally soon joined him and they swam out farther than they did the day before. “An island!” screamed Tom. “JACK, LILLY” Ally bellowed. “Mum, Dad.” Yelled Jack and Lilly.
Two figures with beaming smiles appeared on the shore of the island.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!