Save The World, Inspire

It was a strange year for skinny Sam. It was an unusual, cold December and everyone had started breaking out in some sort of disease that spread around the whole body causing lumpy skin and big boils. Sam had a feeling that it was from the rodents people were keeping as pets, ever since everyone started keeping these pests the disease had spread throughout central Asia and some people were even beginning to die!
Sam, who was an intelligent scientist, knew he had to get to the bottom of this. Especially since he received a letter from his mother, a couple days ago announcing that his father had caught the disease too. Sam immediately raced over to their rodent- infested house and studied the serious symptoms on his father. Once he was familiar with the symptoms, he also ran multiple tests before departing to his old lab.
Sam desperately waited in his old lab for the test results to come back so he could determine what this deadly disease was. He waited and waited desperately reading over the letter his mother had sent him, he still couldn't believe his father was dying, he was eager to find out what this disease was and he was determined to fix it. He looked up at the test machine, the test was over and he had become knowledgeable that the disease that was taking over the country was the 'Bubonic Plague' and he was right, the disease came from the rodents. But Sam still didn't know how to fix the disease, after hours of hard thinking Sam had come up with nothing so he decided to go see his old colleague, a wise old man named Harry.
Sam knocked on the creaky front door to Harry’s house excitedly, He was finally going to be able to save his father. "Can I help you" Harry said in a croaky voice, Sam could tell he was days away from the end of his life span. "Good morning sir" Sam retorted. "I'm here for inspiration to make an anti-virus for the Plague" he continued. "I’ve actually been thinking about making an anti-virus Sam, I’ll be glad to help” Harry answered. They only spent one hour on it, but it was the perfect mixture.
Sam travelled back to his father's house and gave him a dose of the anti-virus. He made hundreds more of the bottles to heal the rest of the country. He was awarded millions of dollars in return for saving thousands of people from dying. Because of this amazing discovery that saved the population of central Asia, many people asked Sam for inspiration on many things. He decided to write a book called "Dare to inspire!" It included inspiration on many levels. The book was amazing. Sam sold millions of copies around the world, everyone was inspired and used their knowledge to help others. The entire human race became more intelligent all because of a little inspiration.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!