Dark Secrets

I'm lying down on the green grass feeling the warm breeze of Summer, smelling the morning dew and watching the clouds move slowly, forming shapes.
"Nox" I hear something in the distance, but it's muffled.
"Nox" it's closer now like a whisper.
"Nox!" finally the voice has broken through my thoughts.
I sit up cross legged and look to my right, I see an old man dressed in a half red, half golden robe, frowning at me. I say
"Sorry Master Genshu, I was daydreaming".
I turn towards him and bow down on the soft grass.
"Nox follow me, I have something special to show you" he says,
I look up and see him smiling with his white teeth, wrinkles forming around his fore head; I stand up and follow him.
We walk for a while and go up the stairs leading to the top of the dark mountain. I wonder what we are doing around here, this place is forbidden and only a few are allowed to cross. Master Genshu says it's okay for me, so I continue walking. We reach the top and I see a huge red painted structure, it looks old but is still standing tall; strong like the mountain it was built on.
"Nox, this temple is a sacred temple, full of dark secrets" he says,
I look in awe and start walking towards it. He stops me "Nox, you shall become the guardian of this temple, and protect its secrets".
I look at Master Genshu, "Of course Master, with my life" I bow down, he smiles again.
"Good, now let's head back, it's getting cold" he says.
I nod and we walk back together, as we walk I smile; finally, I have a purpose.
Weeks of training past by and I have become an awesome guardian. It is night time and drizzling, I walk to Master Genshu's house when I notice the lanterns are out. I ran to the door, rain pouring over me, I open it straight away and I see a figure lying on the floor. Lightning flashed and horror fills my eyes, I run to the body.
"MASTER GENSHU, MASTER GENSHU" I cry. He was bleeding through his stomach.
I bury the body. Filled with rage I set off to the temple. I don't know why, but my body moved on its own will. The rain gets heavier as I go; when I reached the temple, I'm soaked in rain. I go inside, I see nothing but total darkness; I couldn't see anything. It was as if there was something was blocking the light from outside. I march forward and reach a circular object, I believe to be a well. It seems darker than the rest of the room.
I look inside the depths of the well and next thing I knew I was drowning. I tried swimming up but the well seemed like it went on forever. I couldn't hold my breath any longer and everything around me went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!