The Fire That Never Started

The Fire That Never Started
One sunny day, John, Bob and Nick were playing in the skate park.

“I’m starving to death”, said Bob.
“My Aunt Melinda is cooking chicken and vegetables tonight.”, said Nick.

The three friends, sweating from their exercise, jumped on their boards again and set off for the promise of Aunt Melinda’s famous chicken and vegetables


Finally, they arrived at Aunt Melinda’s house. Bob was sucking on his hand, he was so hungry. They rang the doorbell.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Aunt Melinda jumped out of her pants.

“Hello… Who is it?” Replied Aunt Melinda in a stuttering voice. “Its Nick, Aunt Melinda. I’ve got John and Bob with me. Is that OK?”

So Aunt Melinda let them in and the boys sat on the table. Aunt Melinda also placed down the really hot chicken and the vegetables for Nick.


After John and Bob came inside Aunt Melinda asked John and Bob what they want for dinner and they said chicken and vegetables. Aunt Melinda went to fetch John and Bob’s dinner from the kitchen. While Aunt Melinda was fetching John and Bob’s dinner, she knocked a pile of matches into the oven while the oven was still on. When Aunt Melinda went into the dinning room she smelled a fire starting in the kitchen. So she went to check it out and saw a big inferno starting to burn the whole room down. Both entrances were blocked because of the fire.

John, Bob were waiting for at least 15 minutes for their dinner.
“What is taking Aunt Melinda so long, and what is that really strange smell,” asked John. “I’ll go and check it out”, said Nick.

Suddenly they see Aunt Melinda in a fire in the kitchen and get really worried. “John and Bob go to the nearest fire station and get help”, said Nick in a scared voice.

By the time John and Bob got to the fire station, nearly the whole house was on fire.

John and Bob finally got back to the house with some fire fighters trying to put the inferno out. Aunt Melinda and Nick got out safely with out getting burnt.

Suddenly, Nick wakes up. “Man, that was some dream”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!