New Kid

I’ve just started school at Juranga High and out of all the girls that are at this school Elena is the first one that catches my eyes. Not that she’s hot, but because her smile is amazing and her eyes sparkle like the stars in the night sky. How am I going to introduce myself?

I watch Elena walk down the hallway looking left to right she’s looking at all these couples. By the look on her face she hates couples she looks a bit depressed with her shoulders slumped and her head down. Elena could be no older than 16, although I'm the new kid she is very polite to me, she’s a nice caring person, I wonder what has put her in that situation….

I have most of my classes with her but I don’t know how to make the move, she hates guys. But what if I could show her not all guys are the same, time to impress her.! I wonder what I could do to get her attention, I could write a letter, I could just tell her or even be a bit romantic and put a flower in her locker I don’t know what to do? I think I'm going to try and talk to her. Time to put myself out there.

I was walking around the hallways looking for Elena and then I saw a poster that say “time for formal who’s going to be your date?” there, a good enough reason to ask her out finally! I can do this I keep thinking to myself!

After school ends I see her walking home I run up to her and I try to start a conversation but that did work out, I kept stuttering and I couldn’t get the words out. Grrr I hate this. Then Elena asked me “what do you need Damon?” I stopped myself, took a deep breath and said “you now how there is the formal coming up, well I was wondering if you would go with me?!” I was terrified waiting for the response. Elena looks up at me smiles the most beautiful smile I have seen on her face “I’d love to, but, first how about we hang out for a while and get to know each other?”
I smiled, laughed and nodded my head.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!