I Run For The Doorway

I run for the doorway, not looking back out of fear. As I run for the pillar of light I suddenly trip over something on the ground, when I look up I see that the exit is no longer there. I scream out refusing for it to be true. But then I realize I can’t see anything in the room at all, so much so that I can’t tell whether the room is shrouded in a coat of darkness or if I’m as blind as the beast chasing me. I realize I’m a sitting duck that can be killed at any moment. I freeze up in place, trembling, fearing for my life. I grow more and more frightened. But just over the sound of myself I hear faint footsteps in the distance (but not coming from any clear direction). As they start to become clearer they begin to sound like a man banging a hammer against metal, then I notice the manner it’s done in was as if it knew I could hear it, and it’s being done just to push me over the brink of insanity. As the footsteps start to die down, I can feel the presents of the beast coming closer towards me, lurking in the darkness. Then almost immediately I get up to flee but my arm is caught in something. When I try to pull myself free my other arm gets stuck in something too. Then I realize it’s a web, a web that it had been weaving around me this whole time! Suddenly I feel something tugging at the web from all directions. And then it hits me; it’s never going to eat me.

Its spawn are!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!