Jack’s Mission

Jack get your ass out of bed!” screamed a voice from downstairs.
“Okay, okay, I’m coming,” said the tired young man. Jack slumped down the stairs when he heard another voice in the room. It was Sally’s parents, Mr and Mrs Pitchard. They sounded distraught. Jack heard something about Sally being kidnapped by the notorious Emans, he knew if they had taker her then the police were not going to do much. Jack walked in and listened to what they had to say. By the end of the conversation Jack was in tears. He ran up to his bedroom and sobbed and sobbed until he could sob no longer. Jack realised that if Sally had any chance it would have to be Jack that saves her.

Jack left at midnight and he found the place and he sneaked into the front door and into the great big room, he saw Sally tied up, Jack pulled the leaver and Sally started getting pulled towards the ceiling. Jack ran up the stairs leading to the rope holding Sally, unhooked her and carried her down the stairs. Just at that moment the Emans came in. Sally told the Emans to tazer Jack until he was unconscious, Jack yelled out, “why?” Sally told Jack that they were her partners after all….

Jack woke up in a cage and found a laser pointer and a mirror. Jack reflected it into the fingerprint scanner and it reset, bring the cage Jack was in to the ground. He pushed the door open and made his way to the control room. Jack turned the fire siren on and he could see all the Emans run outside where the police were waiting with their guns loaded. The leader and Sally were nowhere to be seen. Jack went to investigate a flicker on the screen.

Jack looked around but he could not see anything, just more of this long corridor. Then it hit Jack square in the face, the flicker was a loop. Jack searched along the corridor for a switch, a lever, something. He found a tiny button and pressed it…the whole wall spun around. Jack was in a different room, he pulled a lever and a single pod got placed down. He got into the pod and pressed the green button. The pod zoomed up through a tube, Jack thought that the tube would lead to the surface and to Sally….

Jack’s pod came out of the ground. He got out and looked around and saw the Eman leader and Sally. Jack ran towards them and grabbed Sally, the Eman leader pulled out a gun and Sally yelled
“Don’t shoot, don’t shoot.” Jack tied Sally up with rope from his bag. Jack put Sally down. Jack used his karate kick on the Eman leader. Jack kicked the leader and jumped up high then body slammed the leader. The Eman leader was knocked unconscious, Sally was tied up so Jack called the police to pick them up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!