You Only Live Once

“Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!” Albert Einstein

The waves rolled slowly along the soft warm sand, for a moment time seemed to have slowed down but I knew that after the sixty minutes, it would be gone. Although the scenery around me should have left me in wonder and awe but for some reason nothing felt right. Everything felt like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at the end of these sixty minutes. I went to the local café and ordered an ice cold coke, its refreshing taste seemed to feel somewhat ordinary. I was not satisfied with my choice of sixty minutes, why don’t I have the feeling of complete peace and tranquillity I usually feel on the beach?
It started after I died, I was in a car crash that could have been prevented if I had watched the road. After I died, a man with superior dress sense came to me and explained my scenario. He explained that to begin eternity, I could go back to any time I felt relaxed or calm Although he was brief about his instructions they were detailed and I sadly decided to pick my trip to New Zealand. It was by far one of the best holidays my family could have and I realised that if I could start eternity in a happy mood this would be the place to be. As you can see so far, this trip was a mistake. Everything I had felt then, now felt like a boring trip to my Great Aunt’s house when. I decided that the only way I could escape this is to do something interesting, something that I hadn’t done before. I went back to the café and order a pack of chips. Although I was dead I could still hold solid objects and I could still ask my parents for money. Although I had already bought a coke, the handed the money over only because they were relaxing. As I ate the hot chips, I thought of how I had died, I also thought about all the great times with my family. I realised that although I was in one of the most relaxing place in the world, sitting on sand that felt like feathers I was always happy with my family.
With my family, I felt welcome and loved. I could always feel my best with my family and since I was with them I was in the best place possible. The next ten minutes I spent with my family, laughing, playing and singing on the beach before the casually dressed man took me away. Although I had only ten minutes of real enjoyment with my family, it was the best moment of my life. Now I am one of the happiest “angels” in “heaven”, the ten minutes with my family really shaped me into who I have become. The happiest “angel” in Heaven.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!