Watery Dreams

Its the year 6004 and everyone has forgotten to use their brains. The whole world has gone techno crazy! I'm not interested in all this technology stuff. I'm an explorer and I'm interested in history, other worlds and magic.
Today I'm out at sea on my research boat with my assistant, Talia. I can see some kind of glow below my boat, so I'm going down under the surface with Talia to see it. "Its just an ordinary shell but why is it glowing?" asked Talia nervously. she is always so scared of going under water.
I picked up the shell and swam back up with Talia. As soon as I let the shell down onto the floor of the ship the water around us started swirling up and it pushed me back down into the watery depths. I couldn't see Talia anywhere and it was hard to see because my life was flashing in images in front of me. I realized I was about to meet my watery grave. As my body slipped through the shadows a light was coming from below I thought it must be Talia using her flashlight but suddenly everything went black.
I awoke on a sandy beach, I thought I must be back home but how? I looked up expecting to see blue skies but instead I saw the ocean and it fish. I stood up and a wizzing sound started up behind me, I turned around to see the same shell that was glowing. I grabbed a hold of it and suddenly I felt a force push me into a portal looking, swirl of colours.
I woke up with a blur of swirling colours infront of me. I realized it was a face of a dog, but not a normal dog, it was a dog that I once dreamed up as a child it was my favourite dream. It had purple eyes and scraggly blue fur. It looked so much like my dreamed up dog I was starting to think it was! maybe my whole adventure has been a dream. I started to get up but he held me down. I remembered that you had to have a ball to get him off. I realized that if I was dreaming I could dream up a ball into my hand so I did exactly that. As soon as I had the ball the dog leaped of me and grabbed it out of my hand, as soon as he did that everything went black. I once again woke up and I was expecting to see the ocean or a face but instead I saw blue skies and creamy white clouds. When I realized the glowing shell was lying next to me I felt a sudden urge to explore the dream world but exploring that mystical world is another story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!