Fear

I latched onto my scarfed pieces of paper as I hear the terrifying noises of safety latches being released on machine guns nearby. My mind races.. Sorry, sorry if I did anything wrong in the past. The happy days where there was none of this World War I crisis. The days where there were hardly ever any fighting, stealing and murder in the streets. Fighting for peace, independence. None of that. I need to find a hiding place FAST. It’s hard. You know when your parents are poor and can hardly afford food, let alone a beautiful house with proper beds, shelves with books etc? Well, that’s what is happening now. I can’t hide anywhere just about. I’m just standing in a squishy shack with scruffed potato sacks for beds and a tin for our baths, a hole for more unpleasant things, and a few pieces of wood for fire. There is no way I am going to survive. Wait.. Think Willhem think! I got it! I’ll dig a hole under our mud walls of the shack, escape into the dam, and run into the range. Only if it was that easy. As I thought, footsteps were coming towards me. In the darkness. One, two, three, four…………

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!