That Elevator Is A Time Machine

Hello", said Dad. Dad came rushing in with five tickets in his hand. We said "hey dad what have you got there?". "Plane tickets for a holiday", Dad replied. Let’s go now!!!!!
So now we're on a rusty old plane over the earth and literally every second I ask my brother if we are there yet and all he does is pretend to snore. Finally we are off this plane so now dad is "trying" to get us a taxi to the hotel. Well finally he got us a taxi and to me the taxi smells like rotten cheese.
So now we’re at the awesome hotel. Mum and Dad are checking in while my brother and I are going to the game room. “Kids” said Mum “Coming!”, we said.
We got in the elevator and all the buttons had years and words on them “What number is our room?”, I asked.
“The past”, said Mum looking at the email. “Ok”, I replied. We got to our room and unpacked. I looked around and noticed it was really the “past”. There was no T.V. and the room was way different than home. It had big gold and red curtains, no bathroom but a stand with a jug and wash bowl. It creeped me out. Mum looked shocked too and believed that things weren’t right. Mum rang reception to ask why the room was different than online and the lady sounded confused. She said “Online, what do you mean? This is the 1920’s dear”. The Manager came to our room and spoke to Mum. “I’m sorry if this has caused you any problems, but the elevator is a time machine!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!