Darkness Falls

People believe that darkness overrules light at one stage or another, but one did not believe, she disagreed. Dark and light were at war, darkness was succeeding. Light needed an immortal weapon, her name, was Astrid.
A long time ago a baby girl was born, her mother and father had a love so strong that they created a goddess made of pure love. By this time it was long into the war. On one special sunny day, which was strange to see among these hash times, it was the day Astrid was going out to explore the world of Carble.
She knew Carble was full of strange and wonderful sites. On her way to see one of the closest villages called Vallcan, it was named after the latest High King, who was over throned. The High King was above all others, he could be the meanest of mean or the gentlest person in the hole of Carble.
Okay back to Astrid, she could see the gates to Vallcan, she knew it was just over the hill, but something was pulling her towards the other path, she could just make out the sweet chimes of a Carble root, the Carble root sends out a lovely chime that lures only one victim away from the group and in to the depths of its roots. There’re so rare she thought to herself, so being curious, little Astrid she went to go gather the Carble root, but in her head she knew it was a bad idea but she couldn’t resist gathering the carble root, but at the last second something in the corner of her eye laid there silent and still, it was covered in mud, the mud that which the carble roots buried their roots in to, it was a male the first one she has seen in a long time, Astrid’s checks were bright red like fresh picked tomatoes but she knew what happened so she a banned her quest to gather the carble root, so she grabbed him by the hands and dragged him up on too the peak of the hill and sat there with him, she did not know if he was alive or not she thought he was knocked out, 15 minutes later he started to wake up but as soon as he opened one eye after the other she knew she had made a big mistake, his eyes were as red as blood and his skin was pale, she didn’t know if his skin was pale because he was in shock or he was the son of darkness, it was forbidden for a daughter of light to even look at a son of darkness, but before he could get a good look at her she took of and headed to Vallcan.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!