ZAP

In the middle of the Australian desert in a small place called Daily waters live a boy called Zap; he had a younger brother a mum and a dad. Zap was a very different to the rest of his family; his hair is brown and ragged not blond and smooth, he is skinny and weak, not big and strong, most of all he needed glasses to see, making him totally different to his family.
Knock knock “Zap time to get up we’ve got our first customer so you need to clean up his room and take his luggage up to his room now!” “Fine!” This new pub was my dad’s new plot to become a milliard his last idea was trying to sell me as a slave no one wanted me. The time before that it was to sell a car washing formula which removed the paint off the cars and then he thought they would buy his new car paint but instead he was sued. This meant we had to sell up and move to caravan park on the others side of Melbourne. All of his plan have never worked out. But now everyone that wanted to stay at the pub had to pay fifty dollars and to get a meal was another fifty two dollars and to be able to watch. The closest caravan park or pub is two hundred miles away along with a fuel station part time working milk bar and a fire station.
“Hurry get down here now before he is finished paying”, ok I’m coming I sleep in a small room which was where the walk in wardrobe was going to be instead Dad got the door made on the other side so they could still rent out the room.it was not a far way to walk to the lobby it ten stairs down and fifteen stairs up from the lobby. I walked down to the lobby to collect the customer luggage the custom. The customer was yelling at Dad about the price being too high and Dad had to lower the price by ten dollars so he could keep the customer happy. After the customer paid Dad he went to his room.
My whole life I have been running around and doing what my parents tell me to like move this move that clean this clean that I have never had a choice of what to do.
That night a man arrived looking to stay in a room.
“He is here Zap, he’s important, so go to your room now! The man approached the front desk. I am look for a child called Zap do you Know him? - He asked. My Dad was so stunned that the man continued I Want to take to Melbourne. He has won in writing completion a scholarship to the Uni I am here to take him.
Zaps Dad helped him pack “off you go Zap, go and write lots of books and become rich.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!