Waiting And Worrying

The clock is ticking. It has been three hours of waiting and worrying. My parents went to the local supermarket and still haven't come back yet. I have no idea where they could've gone off to but it is not like them to leave me alone, scared and worried.
I start hearing loud, scary noises. The wind is howling loudly outside. I hurriedly walk around the house, lock all the doors and shut all the windows.
Lying in bed I can feel my heart pounding heavily. It's getting faster and faster every second. The sounds outside are extremely loud now. I wish my parents would come home.
Slowly I walk downstairs, turn on the television and start flicking through the channels. I stop to watch the 1:00am news when a bold headline pops up on the screen 'LOCAL SUPERMARKET DISASTER.' I stop and stare for a second before the panic sets in. Oh, I am such a worrier.
All of a sudden there is a knock on the door. I forget all about the scary noises the loud howling wind outside and open the door. Standing there are mum and dad. I hug them and don't let them go.
"Thank God you are alright!" I exclaim. It has been a long wait.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!