Santa In New York

Santa in New York
by Sienna Macdonald
One snowy winters night in the North Pole, it was Christmas Eve and Santa Claus
was getting ready to take off in his sleigh. He took off and was heading for New York. When he got there he saw lots of beautifully coloured and lit up buildings and taxis speeding by.

Suddenly, Santa lost control of the sleigh and he crash landed. It went bang! Bang! When Santa got up he was lost. He couldn’t remember his way back home.

Just then, two girls came and said, “Hello. I’m Emily.” “And I’m Elle. What are you doing out here in New York.”
“Well, I’m Santa Claus. Do you know the way to my house?” asked Santa.
“Yes”, said Elle. “In the North Pole.”
“Yes I know that,” replied Santa Claus, “But how do I get there”.
“I know who can help you!” said Emily. “My Dad. He has a map of the world.”

So Emily, Elle and Santa Claus ran to Emily’s house to get her dad.
Emily was yelling, “Dad! Dad!” She woke up the whole house and she even made
the baby wake up and cry.

Emily’s Dad came out and said, “Goodness! Is that who I think it is?”
“Yes, it’s Santa”, replied Emily.
“What!” yelled Emily’s Dad.
“Santa crash landed and his sleigh broke so we came here for you to fix it”, said Emily.
“Oh! I see. So you want me to fix his sleigh?” he asked.
Emily’s Dad got started on fixing the sleigh for Santa. When he finished he took it out of the garage to show Santa. Santa was amazed! He then stopped and thought for a minute. “I think we forgot something? The reindeers!” said Santa.

Just then Santa saw his reindeer coming down from the sky like rockets. They had been looking for Santa everywhere. The reindeers and Santa were very happy to see each other.

Emily’s Dad gave Santa a map to take with him and find his way home to the North Pole where Mrs Claus was waiting for him. Mrs Claus had baked a yummy blueberry pie for Santa to eat when he got back from his trip.
Santa tied up his reindeer to the sleigh, waved good-bye and off he went.

THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!