Elephant Race

That’s it, I’m done for the elephant behind me is massive. Why did ever enter the Elephant Race. “Damn it Gerald, RUN FASTER!” I yelled at my own elephant. Gerald trumpets in agreement. The lake is up ahead, Gerald jumps in and splashes water all over me. “Gerald I just had a shower!” I exclaimed. Laughing at my own joke I fell off Gerald’s back. I grabbed Gerald’s tail. Then Gerald crossed the finish line. “YEAH GERALD!!” I shouted.

After the presentation I hopped on Gerald’s back and we trotted home. I was holding the trophy in my hands. “We finally did it Gerald, we finally won.” I whispered quietly. When we got home I put the trophy in the glass case I had got ready earlier. Then I put Gerald in his pen and went to bed.

I woke to the sound of breaking glass. “No way!” I said. Someone was stealing the trophy! I jumped up and raced to the lounge area. Broken glass was everywhere and the trophy was gone. I ran outside and just glimpsed the car speeding done the road. “NO!!!!”I yelled after the car.

In the morning I went to the police station and reported the robbery and the number plate which was 2ASW658. Then I went on my own search to find the people that had stolen my trophy. As I drove home I saw a car drive past with the guy with the massive elephant and the number plate was covered up the guy saw me and laughed. Was it a coincidence or not then the cover on the number plate fell off. The number plate was 2ASW658. “Bingo!” I said. I swerved the car in front of the other guy’s car and stopped the engine I got out and looked the guy in the eye. He realised that I had realised that he had realised that I had realised that he was the guy who had stolen the trophy. Then he opened the door of the car and got out. He pulled a gun from his pocket and grinned. “Oh.” I said. Then he fired, I grinned “You really thought I didn’t empty that last night?” I said raising an eyebrow. “How!” he asked. “I saw you drop it so I emptied it and put it back where I found it assuming you’d pick it up.” I said. “Give me the trophy now.” “Very well.” he said. He handed me the trophy and drove away. That night I called the police to tell them not to bother finding the guy, I had sorted it.

Well there you go that was what had happened to me last weekend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!