The 21st


The clock was ticking. I looked at the clock, it's three in the morning. I'm in bed. My heart was jumping out of my throat. I was shaky. I felt nervous and exited at the same time. It was the day, the biggest day of my life. It was my twenty first birthday!

I don't know whats going to happen. What if everything turns the wrong way? I was standing in front of everyone about to say my speech, when suddenly someone threw my birthday cake, I mean my own birthday cake, AT ME! Of course it goes all over my face! Everyone starts laughing. How embarrassing! I feel like running away and crying in the corner.

I jump out of bed as my alarm goes off.
What just happened? How could someone do that? Especially at a Twenty First?
I sat up and put my legs on the side of my bed so I was facing the cupboards. I touched my face. It was wet almost like I'd been crying.
Does that mean I've been crying in my sleep?
I'm confused!

I went into the kitchen and I told mum about my weird dream! She laughed at me and said
"Don't worry Allen you've got a long time until your going to turn twenty one!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!