Take Me To A Different Time

24/2/2014
?It's five a.m. and Ms C (which stands for crazy in my opinion) is woken by the sounds of my screeching tyres on the rough and hard cement. I hear her yell. "Here comes the crazy," I say. Ms C marched to my car window banging her cane stick." Ello governor." I say "Oh, don't you play silly games with me young man," yelled Ms C. " What are you doing?" she asks. "I'm trying to build a time portal," "A time portal?" "In that rust bucket?" It was true. My car was quite the rust bucket. With all that rust, a scratched windscreen, torn seats, a loud horn and many other disasters. All I needed was a great engine and excellent tyres. I had to drive in circles for a day or two and presto a time portal. I hear a cooky voice "Can I come?" It was Ms C.

25/2/2014
?She arrived with a huge suitcase of important and valuable things she'd need for the future. All I brought was my phone. I turned on the engine, it sounded good. I checked my tyres they looked good. We were ready to go! My engine steamed and my tyres screeched. I started turning.?

27/2/2014
After spinning for 2 days, I can hear Ms C's soft snoring. Suddenly, a bright light slices the air. I turn my eyes to stop the blindness. Ms C is woken by the sudden light. When the light vanishes, we are shaken by an ear splitting sound. Six savage cavemen are running in our direction with dangerous weapons. "Uh oh," I shout. I turn the switch. My car reads:

27/2/3014.
I'm so amazed by the time we're in I hadn't noticed 3000 people looking at me! "Past people!" yells one of them. They suddenly rush to my vehicle. I am amazed by their strength as they push me across their land in front of a gigantic, heavy metallic robot. I guess it's their leader." Young man, I can see you have succeeded in travelling to the future and have also brought our fellow past friend," says the leader in a deep voice. "Fellow past friend?" I question. " Candice, also known as Ms C," replied the leader. "What is your name young fellow?" "Jeffrey," I cautiously answer. "Then we shall call you Mr J," commanded the leader. "My fellow helpers will show you to your rooms." ?
28/2/3014?
I wake up with the soft sound of robot birds singing in the morning. "From Jeffery to Mr J," I proudly remind myself. "I had the same reaction," whispered Ms C from out of the shadows. " That reminds me," I say. "Why did the leader call you fellow past friend?" "I have also attempted to travel to the future and I have succeeded. Just like you!" "And you never told me all this time?" I shout. "Yes. Because if I could do it on my own so could you,"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!