Magic Happens

MAGIC HAPPENS!!
I lay in the cosy warmth of my bed as the rain falls lightly making me drift to sleep. The voice of my mother woke me from the strange dream I was having “here are your clothes for school ok?” Mother said, I moaned and mum left the room.
I lay in bed for a moment, thinking about the day to come. After what seemed like half an hour of day dreaming I finally decided to get ready and went downstairs to get breakfast. I walked through the school gates of Ganidama primary school and sat on one of the metal benches. As I peered around the grounds I scrummaged through my satchel for my most cherished possessions, a sketch book and pencil and I started to draw a goblin of my own imagination but this was not an ordinary drawing. My pen started to shake and it fell on the ground forming a hole, the goblin came alive and grabbed my arm pulling me into the everlasting deep hole. As I fell the goblin vanished and my surroundings blurred as I fell asleep.
I woke to hear my dog Monty barking as he ran into my room. I realised that there was something strange about the way he looked…he was a cartoon. I jumped up and looked in the mirror to find that I had become animated. I hurried towards the sounds of my parents in the kitchen to find that everything and everyone in my world was a cartoon. Why has this happened, I had to find a solution but where do I look? I rushed to my drawing book that was lying on my bed to realise that I had drawn everyone apart from my brother who was missing, his room was now a study room. It seems that he ceased to exist.
I had drawn all of my favourite things in my sketch pad so was excited. Things I had wished for were now in my room. I was happy…so happy. I acted like this was all normal, it was time to go to school. My cartoon school loomed before me. I found that all the things I hated were replaced by things I loved. I ventured towards my most feared place where I’ve always been set upon by bullies who taunt me and grab my bag. They weren’t there. I was alarmed by what I found. The bullies I faced every day were now gone! Fantastic!
I didn’t want to go back to the real world and then, I remembered all the good times I had with my brother, I started to miss him badly. A knot started to work into my stomach…I felt sick. So I decided to find how to get back to reality. I rip all the pictures I have drawn and put them in the bin, nothing happened. Somebody tips water into the bin, the pages are soaked and everything starts to disappear. KABOOM!!!!! I am back! So glad.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!