We Are In Heaps Of Trouble

We are in heaps of trouble! It all started when we were visiting our Grandparents small villa in France.

We arrived there a week ago (technically three hundred years ago, but we'll get to that later,) It was dreadfully boring, as our parents sent all of our homework with us and Georgia and I haven't done any. However, that wasn't the worst part because on our first night we snuck into the old musty attic with air so stale it smelled like no one had been in there since the villa was built. Inside the attic we found a really cool old bronze stop watch with really fascinating Greek symbols on it and Roman numerals instead of numbers.

Whilst I was playing around with the buttons of the stop watch Georgia was saying really boring stuff about homework like " Do you know what happened in England in 1066?" and I replied by saying "Why on Earth would I care what happened in 1066". Unfortunately as I said 1066 I was in France 1066 where some Norman knights were on their way to England to fight at the battle of Hastings.

"You there", said one of them. "It's an English spy get him" and so the knights started chasing.

"This doesn't look like 2014" I said. Suddenly I was in my grandparents neighbours yard. The owners of the house then started yelling abuse at me in French for a couple of minutes before grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and pulling me back to my grandparents place. They then started talking to my Gran in French for ten minutes before leaving. My Gran then gave me a lecture that felt eight hours long before letting me go. I then hurried up to the attic where I found Georgia crying on the floor.

"Ah I didn't know you cared that much for me" I said jokingly.

"George" she said.

"The one and only" I replied.

When I told Georgia what happened she tried to take the watch by using a mixture of yelling' kicking, punching, wrestling, begging and snatching. Eventually she got it off me and explained that she wanted to go to 2314 and because we were making physical contact (wresting over the watch) we were both transported to 2314.

As a result of people polluting the Earth for many thousands of years by 2314 the Earth was all a massive wasteland where humans are enslaved to robots (long story). During our visit to the future we enjoyed all the tourist destinations 2314 had to offer. This included the crater were the Eiffel Tower used to be, the steaming ruins of The Louvre, the pile of rubble where Notre Dam was supposed to be and the majestic hole in the ground where the Arc De Triumph once stood.

We also explored the smoking factory that the robots created to produce all of their environmentally unfriendly products like plastic bags and other non environmentally friendly junk that makes the world more unhealthy every day. We also learned that robots tend to arrest time travellers and that if you teleport back to modern day and appear in a jail cell, then people will start asking a lot of questions like,

"Who are you"

"Why on Earth are you here"

"How did you get in here and can you get me out" and most commonly

"What the what"

So in conclusion please be environmentally aware!

"What an interesting piece of homework George," said my teacher.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!