Violence

I arrived at my new room and I was scared. It was small and cramped, with only basic furniture. For the next year I was going to be surrounded by violent, angry people.
The first person I saw was my friend Jacob, who is kind-hearted, considerate, brave, capable and helpful. We both love sport. He is a lovely person but he can be cheeky at times. Next to me Trevor was standing. I was worried about him because he is overweight, has temper issues and is aggressive. Blake and Sandy were next to arrive. Blake is annoying, angry and disrespectful, although he is sporty. I had heard bad things about Sandy before I came. I heard he is often an evil bully who gets into lots of trouble. By the window two of my friends Sunny and Tom were sitting. Sunny follows the rules and Tom is skilful and never gives up. The last to arrive was Ollie, who is the most dangerous one in the room and is often physically violent.
The day started and we were trapped in the room. It was a good start but little did I know there was something big about to happen. The first fight was between Ollie and Blake. Blake disagreed with something Ollie had said and Ollie got upset. He stood up and chucked Blake off his chair. He went sailing through the air and landed smack, bang on his face. Ollie smashed down the door and broke out. Blake got up with blood pouring out of his face. Jacob, Sunny, Tom and I were scared and I thought I better watch what I say to Ollie. The next incident happened only twenty minutes later. Almost the exact same thing occurred between Trevor and Sandy. Trevor was isolated in the corner when Sandy decided to pull faces at him. Trevor jumped to his feet, running over to Sandy and flipped him backwards off his chair. Trevor was grabbed and put in solitary confinement. Sandy got up and only had scratches and bruises. Ollie returned from the previous incident and wanted to continue the fight. He ran straight up to Blake grabbed him by the neck and pinned him against the wall. He started punching Blake in the face and blood poured from his nose. They were forced apart and Ollie was put in a seat to be questioned. As soon as backs were turned Ollie escaped through the window. My friends and I stuck together because we knew what the people around us could do.
This was going to be a long and violent year but now I knew who to look out for. After several weeks I knew this was going to be just a typical day in my classroom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!