Magically Invisable

Quietly, silently I stand by a footpath watching people walk by. No one sees at me. Invisible……that is what I am. No I cannot walk through walls like a ghost. I’m just invisible. It all started with a puzzle…….a magic puzzle. I wished that I could become invisible…because everything in my life was crumbling…..that is all I remember. I am screaming inside continuously asking myself what happened. But when I try to remember, everything blurs and darkness encloses by every second that goes by….I’m falling. I need to get out. It is suffocating......
Breathe I think to myself, gasping and hastily picked myself up from the partially damp pathway. Faint and exhausted both physically and emotionally I swayed and fell again…through a young man. The man continued walking. I can’t touch things, but if I concentrate to make myself solid. As for hearing I think I’m talking but no one hears me. Blinking rapidly I gingerly patted my bruised hip that i fell on twice and leaned on a pole to regain my balance. I’m tired…..feel like going to the park, I said in my mind and started my walk to the central park. I chose to walk in a busy street. Why do I bother to hope that someone could see me. I’m such an optimistic person, always running from reality, I thought with a sarcastic grimace trying to dodge the pedestrians scurrying around like ants.
Finally! Peace! I thought after eight minutes of playing dodge ball, and flopped down in an ugly bench near a patch of flowers. Ohhhh butterflies…….I smiled light-hearted for a change as I admired their vibrant flapping wings……….wait is that are butterfly? I stood up and crept up for a closer look…..and saw dainty pale limbs sticking of from behind….. and then they turned around. “WHAT ON EARTH??!!!” I yelled and fell back frozen gapping in shock and fright. “IS THAT A FAIRY?!!” Attached to the wings was like tiny human figurines dressed multicolored. “Excuse me! I am NOT a fairy! I’m a fayerye! There’s a difference you know! Humans!” fumed the purple winged one while the others titter; words shockingly came out of the creature’s mouth. “You can hear me?” I stuttered. “No fairies aren’t real….I’m going mental…like I wasn’t before…” I laughed mockingly in short gasps, shaking my head. “Of course I can hear you! Since you did magic! And I’m FAYERYE!” shrieked the creature. “I did….magic?” I whispered, my mind racing “No! What I do?!” Buzzed the creature, paling and suddenly disappeared with its group.
“Magic? Magic?!! The magic puzzle?!!!” I screamed, trying to think with my head viciously throbbing. Suddenly like a fog had evaporated creatures appeared from everywhere. Evil-like creatures, all coming towards me. “What is happening?” I moaned petrified trying to run. “There’s nowhere to run…” a voice giggles appearing in my head. AHHHH! My head! I fell on my knees shaking as the enclosing darkness claims me again…..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!