Karma

“Super awesome kick Doug,” “you got like five goals, you rule!” “What do you want for lunch Ben?” “Ohh I don’t know….. What about Chooks?” “Yeah sounds good!” said Doug. “Dad,” said Ben, “can we have chooks?” “Sure boys you worked so hard in footy I’ll treat you to chooks.”
NOW AT CHOOKS - “Ok now Doug, you want a two piece fried and chips and Ben, you want a chicken burger. That is…$7.50, here you go see ya.” “Thanks Dad we’ll be back in a jiffy.” The boys got out of the car in such a rush that Doug hit his head on the top of the car, “ouch!” said Doug. “You right Doug?” “Yeah I am, let’s get going we want to be first in line!”
“Oooo I bags going first!” said Ben. They walked into Chooks and hurried up to the counter “Oooo I want a chicken burger please,” said Ben. “Could we have one chicken burger” said the lady at the counter, when…. RING-A-DING-DING….. The counter made such a noise that the boys were scared to death when the lady said “Congratulations you are the 1000th person to order at chooks you have won a random prize please step into the mystery box.” Right away Ben stepped into the mystery box, still a bit shaky from the loud noise; when the door was shut behind him by the lady at the counter. A funny thing appeared before him “You boy, what were you going to order ehh?” “I-I was going to order a chicken burger” said Ben still trying to get over the surprise. “Well… I shall show you what it feels like to be eaten!” “Wa-wat does,” and before Ben could finish his sentence he heard a WIZZ-A-DIZZ-DIZZ… “Bwak! Bwak! Buk-akk” said Ben. Surly this can’t be happening thought Ben, as he was looking around peering through a cage, “bwak bwak” said Ben trying to say “I’m a chicken!!!” The chicken in front of him was taken out of the cage by a man with a thick pair of leather gloves, and the man walked the chicken over to a large bench, and picked up a knife. At that moment Ben looked away and thought to himself, if that was the chicken in front of me, then I’m next in line to be a chicken burger! The man had grabbed Ben by the neck and took him over to the chopping board; he strapped him down and raised the large metal knife when he heard a WIZZ-A-DIZZ-DIZZ… he was staring at the magic chicken saying “I’m a gonner,” “or are you just” said the magic chicken. “So Ben, now you know what you are eating, a helpless chicken that had no control over when he died; but it is your choice…” Ben opened the door and said to the lady at the counter I think I’ll just have chips thanks!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!