Beach Bay's Sandcastle Competition

I liked the wind flowing through my hair. The wind was going back and forward. I was at the beach. It was so relaxing. The waves were crashing to the surface. People were swimming and surfing. It was a great day. My name is Sarah. I was building a magic sand castle. The magic sand castle was not really magic I just called it that because it was going to be the biggest sand castle in Beach Bay (the town I live in). I was entered in the biggest sand castle competition. I kept on working for two days and finally it was finished.
It was the day of the competition. I was making the finishing touches to the sand castle like carving the bits that had been destroyed overnight and she had to put up the sign that said ‘The Magic Sand Castle’. The judges were going around so everyone was panicking.
It was nearly over, the judges had made their decision and they were about to announce the winners. “I would like to thank everyone who took part in the sand castle competition and I hope everyone takes part next year and for what everyone has been waiting for the third place goes to… Kate and Alysha and second place goes to…Lauren and Jess.” There was a silence “and first place goes to… Sarah and Breeze!!” Sarah and Breeze’s three friends are called Hannah, Zoe and Tirian. They were clapping the loudest. “I can’t wait till the next sand castle competition” said Sarah to Breeze.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!