The Enchanted Locket

Melinda and her brother Callum were very close. Melinda and Callum were both 12, but Callum is older by 1 minute. Melinda is very pretty; her best friend is Toni, her cousin. Callum is tall and has short blonde-brown hair. Callum is always with his buddies, Jai and CJ. The five friends spend all their spare time together and love watching movies.
One stormy night they were all having a sleep over at Toni’s house, they stayed up all night watching movies like Harry Potter and Tomb Raider, when suddenly there was a black out. All the lights went off and so did the microwave, which was unfortunately cooking their second helping of popcorn. The TV went off and suddenly, out of nowhere, they felt a large tremor, like a sonic boom.
“What’s goin’ on?” asked Melinda. “What’s that?” asked Callum, pointing to a door he had never seen before. “Last one there is a rotten egg!” cried Jai, as he bolted for the door. Everyone dashed for the door and as CJ opened the door, a ton of bats flew out. They all screamed in fright, but kept walking toward the room inside. As everyone walked in, Melinda noticed a golden chest, sitting in the corner of the room. She started to open it and noticed it s contents, there was an old book, a ruby ring and an old brass locket. Melinda picked up the locket and opened it. A bright blue light with a watery texture came out of the brass locket and suddenly they were in a far away forest.
“Where are we?” asked CJ. “I don’t know,” said Melinda. Callum decided to ask if Jai wanted to go take a look around. They walked through thick, dense forest for about 20 minutes, not paying attention to how far they were going from the other three friends when suddenly they were captured by a group of brutes on big horses. “Help! Help!” Jai cried, and the three friends heard his cries for help and saw the boys in the distance being carried off towards an enchanted castle. “It looks really gloomy,” said Toni. “I don’t care, they’re my friends and I’m goin’ to get ‘em,” declared CJ. Melinda agreed, Callum was her brother and they always protected each other, so the three of them ran off to save Callum and Jai.
When they got to the castle gates they saw Callum and Jai fighting the guard furiously, it looked frightening but the friends were not put off by the task at hand, they were friends, and they would help them, come what may.
Callum, CJ and Jai fended off the guards and a lady wearing royal garments pulled Melinda up some stairs. Toni went to save Melinda and by this stage the three boys had won their battle with the guards. Toni got back to Melinda but in their haste they tripped and both fell down the castle stone steps.
The locket around Melinda’s neck hit the ground and opened; the blue light reappeared, it radiated around the castle, and lit every part of the grounds bright blue. Just like magic they were back at Toni’s house. The lights clicked on, the popcorn started popping, and the TV sprang back into life. The five friends looked startled; they looked at each other, and then roared with laughter. What an imagination they have! Must be too much TV.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!