The Fire Princess

Once upon a time there lived the fire king who was all alone with his beautiful daughter called Clarisse. The king was desperate for a wife, so he told the guards to search every land to find a woman who is suitable for him. Clarisse did not want a step-mother. She went into her dad's room and told him she doesn't want a step-mother. But her dad was not listening to her, so she went back into her room. When the guards came back to the palace they told the king that there was none that suited him. The king was sad and Clarisse was so happy. But the small guard told him that there was a woman called Madeline. The king announced that he will marry her. The wedding was successful even though Clarisse was not happy. Then one day terrible tragedy happened, the king passed away Clarisse was so sad but Madeline was happy about it because she waited for the day the king died. Clarisse had to live with her step-mother. Then one night the little fire princess run away when everyone was asleep. When morning came, Madeline went to Clarisse's room but she was not there. Madeline was shocked and happy at the same time. Now that the king has died and Clarisse gone, Madeline had the whole kingdom by herself. Far far away in the forest Clarisse was shivering off coldness. She saw a log lying on the soft snow, she grabbed it and made a nice cosy house with the log. When she finished she went in and had nice sleep. The next morning came, Clarisse woke up and went to search for food. When she came back her gate was open, she dropped all her stuff and went inside to see who was there, but there was no one there but there was a note that read: THIS IS FROM YOUR FATHER BEFORE HE DIED. Dear Clarisse, I want you to know that I was a fire king which means I have fire powers. When we gave birth to you, you had fire powers too. So now that you have grown into a beautiful young princess I want to tell you that you should use you powers well, you don't know how to use it but when the time comes you will. Clarisse held her tears, she missed her father too much. Then she went outside to collect her supplies. After she finished dinner she was about to go to bed when she heard a soft knock on the door, she went and open it when she saw a handsome man at the door. She was about to shut the door when the man turned and saw Clarisse. He smiled and Clarisse smiled too. The man asked Clarisse if she had seen his horse but Clarisse said no. The man said thank you to Clarisse and told her his name. Clarisse went back in and sighed dreamily but then she went back to her senses. The next morning when Clarisse woke up she didn't feel her warm bed. She looked around and remembered that she is back at the castle. She wondered they found her. Then the man from yesterday came in with her step-mother. Clarisse got angry and her face became red and yelled on top of her lungs and spreaded her hands and fire came out and the whole kingdom burned down. She then fell onto the ground weak and tired. The next morning when Clarisse woke up she didn't fell anything and got back down.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!