A Day With A Hammer Head Shark

It was an amazing yet frightful day.
I was scuba diving with my friend Maria, we glided through the water admiring all the fish, the little seaweed tufts growing in the ocean floor and the crystal clear bubbles coming from our oxygen tanks that the little silver fish seemed mesmerised by.
We got out our underwater sea cameras to take some photos.
Everything suddenly went still, all the fish disappeared and all the coral stopped waving in time with the waves and this large grey object was coming towards us.
As soon as I realised what it was, it was too late to swim to safety it was already facing us with its beady eyes. Maria had a look of panic and swam further away but I was too afraid to move.
Instead I put my hand behind my back and pulled out a big fish for the shark. All of a sudden the Hammerhead Shark grabbed the fish right out of my hand I thought it was going to bite my hand off.
Right before the Hammerhead Shark swam away it nodded its gigantic head at us. I was so stunned that I blinked my eyes and the Hammerhead Shark was gone.
Maria must have been really scared because she signalled to head into shore.
When we got back home we wanted to tell everyone about our adventure, but we didn't think that anyone would believe us.
In the end we decided to keep it a secret.
That night I decided that I will treasure and remember that day for the rest of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!