The Deadly Games Of Mistow Castle

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Whooooosh! As the rough ragged ocean smashes violently against the stunning grounds of Mistow Castle, the students dawdle clumsily towards the game, Dison. They step into the seating arrangements to watch the game begin!

“Today it’ll be Grolland vs Nuclear! First up we have Dripping Vapour from Grolland and Jackson Lukon from Nuclear!” As Dripping Vapour leaps confidently onto the rectangular field, Jackson Lukon slowly steps up the straight clean stairs. “R-r-r-eady” blurted the judge, “set.....fire!”

Dripping Vapour screeches the deadly spell.... “Nivorottasion”, Lukon flys backwards rapidly, but just saves himself from going straight past the terrifying yellow line which would mean he would lose! He jumps up and bellows out with all his might “Sixty Rotation!” Vapour goes flipping backward and saves himself with one finger...Bang!

Something miraculous makes him fall, something mysterious, something dangerous something............

“It’s Red Ruben!” a young man from the crowd cried. The crowd went ballistic and bashing into each other, they retreated!

Dripping Vapour turned his head back and saw that Jackson Lukon had disappeared!

Zzzzzzzzzzzaw! Red Ruben (the most deadly villain in existence) landed with a mighty thud and asked, “So is it true, did you kill Black Rainbow? Well I’ve got news for you”.......Crashhhh! Black Rainbow was 20 metres up in the misty sky! He was rapidly firing lightening bolts at the building and Vapour! He swooped gracefully out of the dark, gloomy sky like an eagle hunting down an apprentice!

Red Ruben began to shoot powerful energy at Vapour! “Oooouuch!” Vapour felt pain so his deadly powers activated! He put his 'eat-ing force field' on and it began to vapourise Red Ruben! “Arrrgh” screamed Vapour emitting the spell with all his might! “I’ll be back”! screamed Red Ruben then he ‘Vapourised’ into nothing!” “You’ll pay for that one”, Black Rainbow cried! “Lampedian!” Vapour yelled and Black Rainbow instantly died and smashed into the ground with a colossal thud!

The grey, misty sky cleared, everyone surrounded Vapour and cheered! “The dark days have ended!” yelled a man. “Only because of Dripping Vapour,” he added. “Long live Dripping Vapour” he yelled. The crowd repeated “Long live Dripping Vapour!” That night Dripping Vapour slept comfortably knowing that there was nothing to worry about.

To be continued.........

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!