A Clowns Secret, Every Clown Has A Secret... Right?


Black, isolated, dead. I didn’t realise that a theme park, once loved by many, could look as dark and cold hearted as this. The realisation that he is gone has finally sunk in, deep. I get chills that slowly travel down my spine and there is nothing worse than thinking that your best friend, the one you have known for 13 years, may have been abducted, kidnapped or just… I can’t even say it. The feeling of horror is unbearable, my stomach is now sunken so low that I feel like it is at my toes. They say that everything will be ok and they are professionals but who are they to say that? Who knows maybe they aren’t even looking, like they have time for that especially in this new town, no one knows if they are serious or just clowning around. The weight of the world is on MY shoulders and there is almost nothing that we can do except look for him. Tis the gloomiest place I have ever wandered into, the clouds above fill the sky with a pitch basalt shade of black. It was a fault, one that rose UP above all others one that arose deep within our stars. We walk toward the tunnel, where we think he last was, we should have never had that crazy idea… the idea that is now unmentionable.
A year later was when we had heard back from the police squad, there was still nothing. For the past 12 months all you have found is a beanie and some type of raggedy old paper? Is that what you are trying to tell me? My mother shouted toward the lieutenant with a sorrowful pain like sound in her voice. She turned around, “go back upstairs and don’t come back down until dinner!”
Mum called me down for dinner and i couldn't believe my eyes! My own mother, had turned me into the police for an interrogation! There they were, in my very own living room, questioning me!The types of questions that they were asking me was absolutely absurd, unheard of.Well anyway I got that over and done with but i still cant get that horrible sick to my stomach feeling to leave my body.I wish that whatever happened to George would just be found out or uncovered but apparently it wasn't that easy or so they say.
I storm up to my room after our tasteless dinner and think to myself... why is that park abandoned?Why did he go missing?When did that park open, and why did it close?And then all of a sudden it came to me!I have a laptop why not use it?I stayed up all night and I swear I heard the owls hooting one second to the birds chirping, but it was worth it. I went onto this website called theme parks are us and i uncovered some information that was so useful and slightly disturbing but I didn't take it to the cops yet, it was my case now. I found out that in the year of 2001 the theme park closed down because of a fatal accident on a clown ride called the tilt-a-whirl, a girl named Genna had been thrown off the ride.I could see the picture so I decided to check it out but I don't believe that was such a bright idea as it was not so safe there.They had blocked it off but i jumped the ropes and went in anyway. I regret that decision to this day where I lay in bed with a hole through my head.

















FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!