Eesha And The Box.

There was a girl named Eesha, she is 15 years old. Eesha lives with her father.

Eesha is walking home through the forrest, with her dog sparky. Ahead of her she can see a pillar of black smoke, and can hear screaming and shouting.
The smoke is were her home is, ahead. She starts to puck up her pace., but then stops and remembers the box her father gave her.
She pulls it out of her bag. “Keep it hidden, keep it safe.” she remembered her father told her. Eesha stars at the box, it is a simple box, rectangle and with symbols eesha cant understand.
“I cant be seen but I need to see if dad ok.” She thinks. She flanks around to her left and crouches behind the berry bushes.
She peers over and sees about five men throwing torches on her house, and three more surround a figure. She lean forward for closer look and realizes its her dad!
Sparky lets out a yelp. Eesha grabs his mouth and holds him, “shhh its okay boy.”
Then she looks at her dad again.
“Where is it!” a man shouts. Eesha dad stares at him but does not reply. The man hits him and her dad falls, he grabs him by the hair and whispers something that Eesha cant make out. And then they go through a hole in tree which has never been there before.
Eesha waits then hoes into the tree. But only finds a room with a mirror.
She walks up and looks, but does not see her reflection.
She see the graves of her friends and family, even poor sparky has a grave.
Eesha falls to the ground. Sparky yelps and runs out of the room.
Eesha scream and finds a near rock and throws it a the mirror. It shatter and reveals a passage way. Eesha gets up curious were this might lead. Hopefully to her father. She follow the dark gloomy path, it has and arched roof and rough stone walls. Eesha sees light up ahead. She runs to the light and finds her father tied to a chair and gagged.
“Dad!” she calls to him.
He looks up and tries to say something but is gagged by the cloth tied to his mouth. Eesha unties him and helps him up.
“are you alright?” she asks him.
“yes i’m fine.” he lets out a sigh “thank you, Eesha.”
Eesha smiles as her father hugs her,
“alright lest get out of here” Eesha turns to leave but instead fins a blank wall.
Eesha pounds on the wall but it is solid. “No… dad what do we do?”
She looks to her father. Her father has a slight look of shock on his face, but it quickly disappears and he looks at her.
“Look around the room.” he says “there must be a way out.”
Eesha and him look around the room but find nothing.
“it hopeless!” Eesha screams and she slides down face in her hands.
Her father looks at her and shrugs. Her leans against the wall. As he does so it sinks further into the wall. He looks at it and pushes it further, and further.
Eesha looks up and helps him push. The wall gives way and reveals the forest again. They get outside and see their house, but its not on fire. Its perfectly fine.
“the box.” her father looks at her. She looks in her bad buts its not there.”it must be in the room st-” Eesha says but is stops mid sentence
The look behind them at the wall they pushed, but there is nothing there. Eesha and her dad look at each other, the box and the room are gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!