Darkness

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

I whip around the tall, thick trunks of trees, twigs and branches crash into my face as I trip over lengthy roots. The beat of my heart echoes through my body as the wind whistles by, shaking the orange leaves of Autumn to the ground. I glance behind me. The darkness rushes towards me, the shadows moving stealthily through the forest. I see the sparkle of a small river up ahead. With a burst of speed I sprint towards it, my giant steps crushing everything underfoot.
As I finally push myself into the water the darkness stops. Hovering at the edge of the glistening stream, I stumble backwards as a harsh, bright light peeks through the darkness. Squinting my eyes, a piercing shriek fills the air. I clutch my ears, willing the sound to disappear.
My knees buckle as I fall to the ground. I pull my legs to my chest and hug them to myself. Just when I think the screeching noise will finally overpower me it stops. I look up to see a tall shadow standing over me. As my ears fill with the ringing silence my vision blurs. I glance to wards the sky, the stars sway before me. Slowly coming closer as my vision darkens. At last I am sucked into darkness. Finally pulled to my final rest as a voice above me whispers 'No.'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!