Off To The Beach

Dinnnnnnnnnning! “Yes, the end of Primary School!” Shouted Jordan. All the Year 6’s ran out of school in excitement! 1 quarter of the Year 6’s went to McDonald’s straight from school. Jordan, Ben and Max were best friends and they wanted to do something more than McDonalds to celebrate the end of Year 6.

After school the three boys went to Jordan’s house. Max thought the Year 6’s should go to the beach, seeing that they lived in Ocean Grove. Jordan and Ben thought that was a brilliant idea, so they sent a message out to all the Year 6’s. They told the Year 6’s that there was a party at Ocean Grove Beach, from 4:00 to 8:00. After they told all the Year 6’s they went down to speak to the Surf Life Savers Club about the party. The Surf Life Savers said it would be fine; they would corner off a part of the beach. The Life Savers gave the boys a map of the beach and where their spot was. When the boys got home they had to get all the things ready.

By now it was 3:30 and the boys got Jordan’s mum to drop them down at the beach early so they could set up. At around 3:50 everyone started turning up. Well into the party the boys counted 97 Year 6’s and the boys were very impressed by the turnout. It was about 3 hours in to the party and Frank one of the boys at the party looked out in the distance towards the water and saw 5 Year 6 students lying face down.

Frank reported it to the boys and they sprinted as fast as Usain Bolt to catch the life guards before they left. The boys told the life guards that there were 5 Year 6 students out in the water lying on their back. The Life guards acted quickly and got the Surf Life Saver Boat out and raced out to the 5 kids. When the Life Guards got out there one of the three life guards jumped in the water and the other two in the boat pulled them in. The two life guards took 3 of the children back to shore were an Ambulance Life Guard did CPR. While that was going the boat went back out and got the life guard and the 2 kids and bought them in. The kids were asleep but we had to wait now.

About 30 minutes of waiting and all the kids woke up . After, the kids said they remember being knocked over by a massive 5 foot wave and got washed out to sea. The Life Guards said to the kids to stay out of the water for the rest of the night. The kids said a huge thanks to the life guards and went back to the party. After the party finished they packed up. In the end everyone liked the party.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!