Red

When Red was the age of three, she was trying to cut out a picture of a bee. But Granny’s wrinkly old feet were there too (SNIP). Granny’s wrinkly face turned pale blue. There was blood all over the floor. Red ran to the telephone which was near the door. She locked 000 into the phone. A crackly voice just head over her Gran’s deep groan said “Who’s there? Are you alright? Are you alone?” After Red had told them all that was needed, Her Gran stopped screaming, then pleaded. Gran had collapsed unconscious in her green chair, but luckily the Ambulance just made it there.
So Gran, for four years, was in hospital, which is usually impossible. After those four long years Gran came home. She wished that she had gone to Rome, but she was too old. For that is what the doctor told.
Red lived next to a dark gloomy forest. She was really kind, caring and modest. After her first hot day at primary school, she met her first friend next to the clear blue swimming pool. She met a tall girl called Blue. Everything changed before a cow could moo. In the park, hidden by weeds, was where the two girls discussed horrible evil plans. They thought everything was in their little, sweaty hands. Red was ready to go to Grans. She was enjoying, just thinking, of her evil plans. She had brought stinging nettles, instead of petals. She found little bits of metal rake, which she stuff in the fairy cakes, and she fond some things from the chicken coop, which she quickly, but quietly, plopped in the mushroom soup.
A wolf jumped out from nowhere, he had brown, thick, bushy hair. He was tall, but kind, caring, gracious and all. He was holding a lovely bright, pink flower, Red thought, ‘That must be his only power.’
Well you know, Red, she stole it from him, “Please give back Jim!” He began to cry. But Red turned to him, and was about to reply, but a woodman was chopping down a tree. He was as busy as a bee. He didn’t see red at all. The tree had a nasty fall. “LOOK OUT!” Someone did shout. It was too late. She’s as flat as a plate. So that’s the end, choose wisely when it comes to friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!