The Wishing Glitter

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Once upon a time there was a young girl named Oriole. She was very beautiful and she loved to read. Oriole was eight years old like all the other kids in her grade but the bad thing was that Oriole was always getting bullied at school. Even though Oriole was beautiful and smart, even though she was a kind loving person, she still always got bullied. Oriole didn’t know why she was getting bullied because she was always being nice and they still bullied her. One day at school someone wanted to be Oriole’s friend. It was a girl in her class named Grace. Oriole was very happy until some bullies came over to her. One of them punched her in the belly! His name was Jake and he was very mean, but then that’s when Grace came in and saved her by shouting at Jake. Grace shouted, “Stay away from my friend you big bully!” After that Grace got the teacher and made sure Oriole was OK.
While Oriole was walking home from school she saw a little glass tube. She picked it up and looked at it closely. It looked like ground up jewels of every sort. But then out of nowhere something said to her “Make a wish.” So Oriole made a wish. She wished for more friends and mysteriously the next day she had more friends! Everyone was amazed at how many friends Oriole had. She was very happy but she had to be aware that bullies were still around. After lunch Oriole remembered that she had the wishing glitter in her bag. Then when the teacher left to go to the toilet Oriole snuck over to her bag and got the wishing glitter out. Then she quietly snuck back to her desk. But when she sat back down at her desk she saw that all her lovely work had been scribbled on. She knew it was the naughtiest boy in her class, Max. So she wished for all the scribbles to come off. She watched as they suddenly disappeared! Max was amazed that all of his scribble had come off without leaving a mark.
When it was recess time Oriole told all of her friends about the wishing glitter and everyone believed her after what happened in class. Oriole sat there with the wishing glitter in her hands but then a bully named Jack snuck over to Oriole and snatched it out of her hands. She shouted at Jack, "Give me back my wishing glitter!” and he dropped it. She quickly picked up the wishing glitter and wished, "I wish there would be no bullies at this school and in all the others so children will not feel sad.” Suddenly the wishing glitter started to sparkle more than it had ever sparkled before and then it transformed into a beautiful necklace around Oriole’s neck! From then on Oriole was friends with the whole entire school and she was very happy.

By Tyler Cossor

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!